Competition Fees & Entry Requirements
- RATES :: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for rates.
- ALL registered competitors are required to be registered for the full convention.
- Deadline for rebate/discounts is 45 days before event date.
- Rebates paid to owner/studio rep at the end of the weekend.
- All fees must be postmarked 1 MONTH PRIOR to event.
- Day of entries will be accepted if space is available.
- There is a limit of 2 Solos per dancer and they must be in different disciplines.
- Names along with ages must appear on the entry form.
- A dance routine may move up in age division in order to avoid competition against itself within a category, but never lower.
- A dancer may compete against him/herself in a group routine when a majority of the dancers are different.
- All ages are based as of the First Day of Competition. Dancers must be able to provide proof of age in questionable situations as upon request from the competition director.
- There is a limit of 30 acts per studio.
- A 10-point deduction will result for those routines that do not comply with the above listed guidelines.
- All entries who sing must have choreography and provide their own microphone.
- A 10 point deduction will result for those routines that go over time limits.
- ALL MUSIC IS TO BE TURNED IN ON A FLASH DRIVE UPON CHECK IN/ARRIVAL.
- Label each track/file with routine number, correct title, studio code.
- No cassette tapes will be accepted.
- Please have back up music for each routine ready on hand.
- Teachers are responsible for dropping off and picking up music and score sheets at the beginning and end of the competition.
- Teachers must turn in music at the correct turn in time.
- Music with profanity or lewd/distasteful theme will result in disqualification.
All categories besides acro can contain no more than 2 acrobatic tricks or tumbling passes.
Tap routines must consist primarily of tap technique. Recorded tap sounds are not permitted.
Jazz routines must consist of primarily of jazz technique.
Routines must consist of ballet technique including classical steps and movement.
Routines should consist of hip hop and street dance styles.
Routines must consist of at least 50% acrobatic/gymnastic stunts incorporating dance technique and choreography.
Anything that does not apply to the above listed categories. Including song and dance, character, baton and pon pom, and modern.
Routines featuring any style of dance interpreting a song/character from a Broadway Show, Musical, Movie, etc.
Routines should demonstrate balance, extension, and control while using contemporary lyrical style.
Routines consisting of modern and ballet technique, reaching beyond the standard jazz vocabulary.
Any style, no choreography.
Disclaimer: About Refunds
- TOP 10 DANCE LLC ONLY gives full refunds BEFORE COMPETITION REGISTRATION DEADLINE!
- If there has been an injury we offer a half refund or full credit toward another of our conventions/competitions.
- Any other cancellations will only receive a full credit toward another of our conventions/competitions.
- All refunds will be processed within 30-45 days of date of cancelled event.